Thursday, December 07, 2006

Gluten Free and Dairy-Free Focaccia Bread Croutons


Specialty Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free Croutons by Laura

More GF Recipes from Laura

My wife has once again outdone herself!

Today's undertaking was this GlutenFree and Dairy-Free Focaccia Bread recipe, and subsequently some Croutons (shown above) made from that bread. The results, in my opinion, are remarkable. These are some darn fine croutons! Loaded with flavor to say the least... red onions, and all sorts of herbs. Fantastic!

The Focaccia bread itself was plenty fine too. It has been a LONG time since I had focaccia bread, and that is a bit of a problem for me since my memories of it are a bit faded. I think what she has created is rather like the real deal, and I await feedback from others once they try the recipe. I was mixing up bruchetta and focaccia in my mind at first, which goes to tell you how long it has been.

Needless to say, there have not been any memorable gluten-free focacia breads in my diet since going gluten free — until now. That's one thing about Celiac Disease you have to watch out for... you avoid so much of what you used to eat, you start forgetting what the "real" thing tasted like. That is also why we enlist the help of our friends and neighbors (not gluten-free persons) in taste-testing, just to make sure we have a valid test-group.

This one is a winner in my opinion!

Continue to read this Gluten-Free Blog for all sorts of gluten-free recipes, product-reviews, and related information. In addition, visit my Gluten-Free Recipes Site where many of the recipes I have featured on this blog are available.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Blimey! GF Focaccia ... I've just got to try and cook that! SOON!

:)

Lynn Barry said...

I know what you mean. I have been saying things like, "It tastes like what I remember it tasting like." And others are kind of looking at me like they don't agree, so perhaps my memory of dishes and bakes goods pre-going gluten/casein/corn/soy/egg free is fading. If we are happy though, I guess the new finds don't have to taste like the old favorites...as long as they are satisfying it should not matter, but and this is the BIG BUT...it is nice when they do.