Friday, December 15, 2006

The Glutens have arrived! Beware!


Gluten-Monster, or gooey Gluten-Blob, or whatever
I was playing around with this idea of a "Glutens" cartoon of sorts, and I missed my first target of Halloween for an initial prototype of what one of the "Glutens" looks like, but here is the first incarnation just in time for Christmas.

My daughter sketched up the gooey little elastic gluten-ball "monster" that will hereafter serve as the basis for my "Glutens". After I had a bit of fun with the sketch in Photoshop, the Gluten monster lives in full-color. The above picture is what we envision those pesky and evil little glutens looking like as they prepare to do their dirty work on our intestines. Certainly these glutens have evil intent when it comes to our bodies!  This one has even gone as far as to appear incognito with a Santa hat to throw us off his scent.

So, what do you think? Is this what one of those "Glutens" would look like? They are always lurking in the shadows and preparing to mess with us, and I figure this one in particular is going to be out there trying to make Christmas less than optimal by tainting our holiday food if we are not careful. So, watch out for the Glutens that would steal your Christmas — I know they are out there!

Continue to read this Gluten-Free Blog for all sorts of gluten-free recipes, product-reviews, and related information. In addition, visit my Gluten-Free Recipes Site where many of the recipes I have featured on this blog are available.

7 comments:

Lynn Barry said...

Great idea! You can have this guy attacking villas in the colon. I see a comic book series brewing. Very clever.

Mike Eberhart said...

I'll see how long my creative-streak lasts :) That was the idea: to start a celiac/gluten-related comic and have this character (one of the evil glutens) be trying to wreak havoc on the unsuspecting. Time will tell if I can make it work, and make time to make it work. I just hope it entertains some folks.

Dianne said...

Brilliant! Can I do a post about him on my blog along the lines of 'the horrible little molecule that wants to wreck my christmas'

Mike Eberhart said...

Dianne, feel free to post regarding that "horrible molecule" :)

He is quite the craft one! I think he snuck onto some almonds I had the other day that were "processed in a facility on equipment shared with wheat" and all. Something sure got me, and that was the only thing new and untested in my diet recently. Darn that evil bugger!

Shannon said...

bwah ha ha!!! That is too funny. I love it. :)

ElwoodCity, Ph.D. said...

The Blob looks good. The glutens need springs for arms and legs. It's a combinations of blobs and springs.

Mike Eberhart said...

ElwoodCity, I'll keep the springs-for-legs in mind for the next appearance of the Glutens. I've been playing around with a couple concepts, and the springs may fit nicely. I'll see how easy I can render the look. Glad you enjoyed the blog.