Saturday, August 27, 2016

Nestlé Gluten-Free Chocolate Corn Flakes

Gluten-Free Chocolate Corn Flakes?

Now these sure sound oddly interesting!
Nestlé Gluten-Free Chocolate Corn Flakes

My wife just noticed this new Nestlé gluten-free cereal listed for sale on the Continente hypermarket website, currently on sale for €1,53, or about USD $1.70 (at current exchange rates), for a 13¼-ounce box (375 grams).

I have had Nestle's regular / traditional gluten-free corn flakes that preceded this new product, and like them quite a bit. I tend to add a few in with my homemade gluten-free granola which typically also features shredded coconut, cocoa or cocoa-nibs (or bits of dark chocolate), some almonds, raisins, dates, dried figs, and gluten-free oats among other things. The corn flakes add a bit of extra crunch.

So, now that I see there is a gluten-free chocolate corn flake on the market, I feel compelled to try them ASAP.

Are these Nestlé flakes available in the United States? If you have seen them, post a comment mentioning where you found them and the size/price if you could, and whether you like them.  So far, the first and only place I have encountered them for sale is in the Eurozone (specifically in Portugal), and I have a box on order so I can evaluate them first hand, and I plan to update this post with my review of these new chocolate corn flakes once I acquire a box.  Hopefully I will be able to get some within the next week or two.

Sure looks interesting!

I also noticed Nestle now has a gluten-free Gofree coco rice cereal (on the Nestlé UK website) that I am currently tracking down as well... which may be the first mainstream mass-produced brand of gluten-free chocolate crispy rice cereal (until now, most any commercial big-name brands have contained barley malt in the recipe).  More to come on these items...

Continue to read this Gluten-Free Blog for all sorts of gluten-free recipes, product-reviews, and related information. In addition, visit my Gluten-Free Recipes Site where many of the recipes I have featured on this blog are available.

No comments: