Saturday, December 09, 2006

Dairy-Free Focaccia Bread & Crouton Recipe


I had time to post the Gluten-Free and Dairy Free Focaccia Bread and Croutons Recipe today that I promised in my last blog. Has plenty of pictures to go with the various steps too. The picture above shows those wonderfully tasty caramelized red onions that are both in the dough and on top of the bread. The onions combine with garlic, pepper, rosemary, and more to create a very flavorful bread and crouton. It's a bit of a specialty bread, and I have not had focaccia in a long time (since going GF), so we may still end up tweaking the recipe a bit over time. But, I think it is plenty good enough for public release -- readers, you tell me what you think after trying it.

Hope everyone enjoys the recipe!

We are finally getting a break from the snowfall here, and none too soon. I was getting tired of going out every few hours to shovel, but I didn't have much choice. I've had quite a few friends and acquaintances actually stopping by the house to pick up a copy of our new book, and the last thing I need is someone falling down on an icy sidewalk or such. So, better safe then sorry, and the shoveling also doubles as exercise for the day -- which, giving me a reason to be outside, I definitely prefer to going to the basement and riding the exercise bike (that is a bit boring, even with music playing). Every year about this time I get the urge to buy a small LCD TV to mount from the ceiling in the basement so I could pipe in some CNBC or CNN or something while I exercise, but I never get around to it. Doubt I will this year either, because it is surely not a real "need". And, with just music on, I have time to do a bit more relaxing and letting my brain wander and think about all the recipes I should be getting put on the website, all the books I need to ship, and... (hmm... doesn't sound all that relaxing after all!). Maybe that TV idea isn't so bad. heh.

I know I have promised other gluten free recipes for public release in prior blog entries. I will get to them... they are all sitting here on my Windows desktop, waiting to be formatted into HTML and uploaded to our gluten-free recipes-library. As always, more things to do than time to do them in.

1 comment:

Lynn Barry said...

I say get the TV and start watching daytime soap operas. You will peddle away into the afternoon, going nowhere, and lose yourself in other people's insanity...then again,you can always hire a personal trainer to crack the whip, or perhaps lifting all the boxes of books can be a daily routine, who needs that bowflex apparatus? Enjoy...