Monday, July 16, 2007

Survey Results are in.

Last week I posted a survey regarding how well everyone understands blood-test results, and how interested people would be in having me write about the details of blood-tests and other lab tests.

The results of the survery were as follows:


It sure looks like enough people are interested in me writing about health-science topics in the future to merit my attention. I'm looking forward to it, and plan to draw from my technical background a bit to explain as best I can some of the science behind test results and their pertinence to Celiac Disease and living Gluten-Free.

So, it looks like I will be busy researching and writing a series of gluten-free blog articles over the coming months. I want to provide proper references for all the information I'll post (i.e., I don't plan to post opinions, but rather I want to post scientific fact) wherever possible. I have started collecting online reference links I can use, and this is going to take me some time to assemble into anything coherent.

I still need to narrow down my list of topics - I have so many I want to cover. Then, I think the hardest thing for me is going to be writing concisely while also offering enough detail about each subject to be useful and more informative than other independent sources. I may have a difficult time writing "blog-length" articles, since some of my intended subjects may best be covered by writings the length of a book chapter. But, I'll try my best. I'll be offline for a few weeks while I work on this.

Lastly, I'm also going to be taking the better part of a month off from selling books. In the next couple days, I'll be turning off the sales-portion of my Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes Book web site for anywhere from a few weeks to a month. I hope it's not too much of an inconvenience for anyone, but I just have quite a bit else I need to focus on right now, and a break from the daily order-checking, label-printing, and recipe book mailing sounds nice to me. When I take away the ordering ability, I'll post a coupon-code on the order-page for anyone that has the patience to wait for me to re-open the store, as a way to say thanks for dealing with my distractions.

As always, thanks for reading my blog, and I'm looking forward to posting all sorts of useful health-science blogs and articles in the future.

2 comments:

Dee said...

I'm interested! Will be by to check for more info from time to time. I enjoy your blog. D

Isle Dance said...

Terrific!