Monday, March 05, 2007

Wow! So much Celiac and Gluten-Free news!

2013 UPDATEmy blog and news-aggregator service that started in 2007 was retired in 2012.

Over time, many of the people that signed up as "sources" of information (i.e., blog authors) simply stopped posting information, became inactive, or otherwise abandoned their blogs (and thus their news feeds into my service).  This led to me constantly needing to update my list of "feeds" to keep up with all the people that were no longer active.  And, the fact is, other competing aggregation-services came along that extended upon my original idea.

So, in place of my original gluten-free news aggregator, I started building a new Gluten-Free Recipes and Information Resource website.  This is to go beyond what I currently offer on this blog and on my current wheat-free / gluten-free recipes library site.  It will likely be 2013 until it is "ready", but the shell of the new website is there.

I decided it was time to develop a more permanent repository of information all of us in the gluten-free and celiac world regularly look for, including another way to organize all the content I write for this gluten-free blog.  I hope to neatly categorize much of the popular topics and information, and especially create a nicely indexed set of gluten-free recipes over time.

Stay tuned, and I hope you all find this useful (eventually, once I finish it)!

6 comments:

Jean Layton-GF Momma said...

Hi Mike,
Thank you for putting so much time and effort into this incredible service to our community. Thank goodness there are people who understand the underpinings of the computer world. I have found quite a few new blogs to follow and your research is great! Keep up the great work.

Lynn Barry said...

THANK YOU for doing all the work! HUGS

Slacker Mom said...

thanks for all your work..it's a great site.

Mike Eberhart said...

Thanks everyone! It does make me quite happy knowing the GF news/blog aggregator is useful.

I'm glad I can put some of my programming experience to use for something that helps everyone find all the gluten-free blogs and news. Just like you Jean, I have found a LOT of new blogs I didn't even know existed. And, I have been getting more people's feeds turned on as they send me requests for inclusion - so content is only bound to grow. :)

Faye said...

thanks Mike for the work you've done..I feel a little technologically illiterate...though I am pretty computer savvy I can't seem to get signed on. My blog is very new but I am including recipes and thoughts...Is there a way to reach you so you can walk me through it? Thanks
Happy Tuesday....

Faye

Mike Eberhart said...

Faye,
Send me an Email (mikeeberhart [AT] gmail [DOTCOM]) and I will try to help you through whatever steps you need help with. One thing I dislike about blogger is how I can't just email you to tell you that. So, I hope you look here again for my reply :)