Saturday, March 31, 2007

New look for the Gluten-Free Blog

I've had this "to-do" item on my agenda for some time... to work on spiffing up the Gluten-Free Blog a bit. I finally got around to the first of a few steps I have in mind, and you can now see the results above.

I added that image-bar to the heading of the blog, which shows a few of my gluten-free recipe pictures. Most of those pictures are from recipes I have featured on here in prior blog entries (and can be found looking at the posts with the "recipes" tag. What I have yet to figure out is an easy way to make each of those little pictures "clickable" and have the click take a reader right to the associated recipe. And, it looks like it'd be more work than I want to deal with right now. So, that'll have to wait a bit.

I'm hoping to still add a few other graphics to the glutenfree blog to spiff it up a bit more, and bring it into the 21st Century :) Though, I am also trying to keep dial-up users in mind, and not bog the site down too much with images that would be unbearable over slow Internet connections.

Well, that's it for now... off to Whole Foods to stock up on some items we found there last week that we really liked. And, today I get to take my mother-in-law along for the trip. What a joy :)

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Oooh! So pretty. Now I am jealous! I need to bake awe inspiring goodies and put their pics in my header. :)

It looks fantastic. I can't wait to see what else you have in store for us.

Dianne said...

What an improvement! It makes the blog really cool! I want to update mine too, but first of all I have to work out how to do it!

:)

Lynn Barry said...

Great new look, MIKE. Hope your trip to Whole Foods was fun for you.I love going to those places...It is like the night before a birthday party.

Alisa said...

I like it! Very appealing.

Mike Eberhart said...

Thanks everyone!
I'm glad it looks like it was worth the hours of work to create. If it improves the readers' experience, it must be good :)

Meesh said...

I love your new look, and would like to do that with mine!

You sound like you are a busy man!