Thursday, October 05, 2006

Gluten Free Recipes Library Finally Online

I have finally placed the Gluten Free Recipes Library online at my book site.
It is still in a bit of a "Beta" stage, and only contains links to a couple recipes, but I still call this a big step towards "progress".

The first link (to the gluten-free multi-grain bread) should emulate the approximate long-term vision for future recipes, with both text versions of the recipe as well as a link to download-ready PDF/Adobe-Acrobat-Reader versions (those will be formatted much nicer, and include pictures and such right in the document).

I plan to "streamline" the graphics/header on the library pages, and remove the use of Flash, since it just takes a bit too much bandwidth for readers/viewers that do not have high-speed/broadband connections. I hope to get to that by early next week.

And, of course the thing most everyone really cares about: more recipes! Yes, they will be coming as soon as the website has proven itself through some further testing.

And, I will hopefully get back to blogging about other useful gluten-free topics soon. I have some feedback about European travel and gluten-free foods availability to discuss (per my sister who's job sent her to Italy, Belgium, and the UK for a couple weeks recently). Surprisingly, she found the UK to be the easiest and most accessible gluten-free foods market (I was suspecting Italy would be given their high incidence rate of Celiac). More to come on this.

No comments: